PADI Advanced Open Water Allow 2 days
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- You then get to choose three more Adventure Dives of your choice.
- You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, night diving, drift diving, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
FJ$990; includes all tuition, 5 Specialty Open water dives, any required course material, all scuba dive rental equipment and PADI certification fees
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
PADI Adventure Diver
On a limited time frame..?? Why not go for the “mini-me” version of the Advanced Open Water, PADI’s “Adventure Diver” course. Choose 3 specialist dives from any of PADI’s “Adventure” dives.
Adventure Dive Options
- Night Dive
- Fish ID
- Multi Level & Computer
- Underwater Naturalist
- Drift Dive
- Search & Recovery
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
Your next adventure..
Want to get really serious? Then continue on with the “Rescue Diver” course, one of the most challenging and rewarding programs from PADI.